Monday, November 17, 2008

MONDAY MIND DUMP

An unbelievably fabulous weekend (as I have already gushed in a previous post)!  Here's some quick hits:
  1. Top three in attendance since we launched at the Cinema!
  2. Largest offering for a Sunday service.
  3. No one left the building while I rambled for 20 minutes before getting to the meat of my message.  The last 34 minutes made a great podcast.  Worth listening to again.  Next week: 30 minute message!  
  4. Horrible sound issues with my mike - a problem that WILL be fixed this week.
  5. Band sounded great, Janna sang great - and what an awesome testimony she shared of personal healing!  
  6. I am grateful to God for this entire series (The Blessed Life).  It is so timely and hugely helpful to me personally and, I trust, to all who attend.
  7. Set-up team ROCKED this week.  Everything was set-up and ready to go in the sanctuary in 45 minutes!  Keep it up and we'll all get some extra sleep on Sunday mornings!
  8. I am totally in awe and humbled by the work of the devoted roadies that make Crossroads happen every week! Nursery, Pre-school, Elementary ministry, Lobby Team, Set-up Team, ushers and greeters, sound, lights, video, audio, band...we ARE blessed!  Roadies rock!
  9. Touch football Part Deaux!  What a kick.  New faces this time.  Tons of fun.  Thanks to Kimber for sewing Mike's hamstrings back together so he could play (take it easy Gomez, you'll NEED those hamstrings later).
  10. Movie night @ The Annex was fantastic.  Hugely attended and loads of fun gathering together with roadies to watch "Kung Fu Panda".  We had planned on Apostles of Comedy, but as it turns out they were more like Apostles of mildly amusing one-liners so we watched something that was actually funny!  As Max noted, "Kinda bizarre, we meet for church in a movie theatre, and then have movie night in a church".  Only at Crossroads!
  11. LOVED getting flame-broiled by an anonymous commenter to my Blog this morning (see below). Already received congratulations from several supporters!
  12. I LOVE the people of Crossroads.  Though I try not to take myself too seriously, being your Pastor is an honor and a privilege that I take very seriously. I fully recognize that I am accountable to God for what I teach and will ALWAYS take great care to ensure that I am hearing from the Spirit of God, and I am teaching His word, and ONLY His word!
You guys rock.  Have a fantastic day!
   

5 comments:

  1. Dude, Sundays message was awesome!!
    seriously, really good, there was a lot of Truth in your words, I was blessed big time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it possible for me to get your e-mail. I have been having some problems lately with depression due to a problem I had previously asked on APG. Thing is, I'd rather not say who I am, and I'd rather not talk on the phone. I'm much better at this behind this screen. So if I could get it, that would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes my email is ALWAYS available. It's posted on the contact page of our website, but here you go:

    gene@crossroadsenterprise.org

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Service - Great
    Football - Enjoyable
    Movie - Good Turnout *I jumped ship for a missions dinner at FUMC*
    ~Good movie tho.
    Flight back to Auburn - Smooth and clear
    Overall day ~ Much needed

    ~Enjoy!
    ~TJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a fantastic weekend! I love being a Roadie!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.