Thursday, January 1, 2009

That's What's Up in 2009

Already having much of the year ahead planned out week-by-week, my list is more attitude-oriented than event-oriented.  I "resolved" a lot of things some time ago, so the lion's share of things I am going to do differently in 2009 will be to execute many of the things we did in 2008 more effectively.  There are many things in my life I will continue to grow in.  My list is about degrees of more and less. Here's a smattering  of the things I'm committed to doing - and doing differently.  In 2009 I'm going to:
  1. Listen more
  2. Lead more
  3. Read more
  4. Love more
  5. Play more
  6. Work more
  7. Study more
  8. Worship more
  9. Learn more
  10. Require more
  11. Talk less
  12. Waste less
  13. Need less
  14. Argue less
  15. Want less
Here's a few things things I have already devoted my life to.  So what's different in 2009?   i gotta do 'em BETTER, right?  Hey, it's a year later.  It's more important than ever.  Jesus will come back some day.  I will die some day. And this is the only chance I get at life.  The days cannot be wasted.  New and innovative tools must be acquired and implemented so that I can be SURE that with each passing day in 2009:
  • I drive harder, longer and faster than ever to make Enterprise a hard place to get to hell from.
  • I am be a better husband, a better father, and a more committed and effective leader.
  • I achieve the maximum possible benefit for the Kingdom of God, for my family, and for others out of every opportunity, and I will honor God in the way I care for myself.
  • I see true and lasting change in the lives of others.
  • I realize true and lasting change in my own life and work.
  • That Leslie and I take AT LEAST one trip on Elvis that lasts more than three days and covers more than 1000 miles. (And I'm NOT kidding).
  • That I am the faithful, determined, loyal, and capable guardian of God's vision for my marriage and my family.
  • That I am the faithful, determined, loyal and capable guardian of God's vision and purpose for Crossroads.
  • And that I love GOD, and love OTHERS.
Pretty much everything else is negotiable.  Ha, ha!  Have a great year!  Now let me hear from YOU.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.