Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Getting Schooled

One of the great things about the church planters coaching network I belong to is that once a month I get to sit around a table and look into the eyes of people doing the same thing as me, knowing that back at home they are supported by people like you wanting them to make the very best decisions they can make.  

And each time I go, I come face-to-face with the reality of what Crossroads might look like, what your opinion of my decisions might be, how much more difficult this journey would be, were it not for the NEXT Initiative, and people like Hal Mayer and Ron Sylvia and the many other purpose-driven leaders I follow, who are so generous with their time, talent and treasure.  

I wish I could do more to show each and every member of the Crossroads Launch Team how important it is to seek leadership, wisdom, information, and inspiration OUTSIDE of yourself. That lesson alone makes us stronger and better able to pursue the purpose that God has for our church.  But there is so much more.  One of the great lessons I take from the coaching network is the reality that "nobody is smarter than everybody".  And the collective wisdom that has been brought to bear on our efforts at Crossroads is astounding.   

It is as if we have on our own staff, men who have built churches that serve thousands of attenders each week. Because their guidance, leadership and influence can be found in every decision I make concerning Crossroads.  Ron Sylvia says it's all about this: "Learn and Return".  I hope I get the chance to return, because I have already learned way more than I ever paid for.  Thanks guys.

Look outside yourself this week.  You'll be amazed at what you can learn!  Sure beats coming up the hard way.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.