Tuesday, July 8, 2008

BLUEPRINT

Good morning.  As you read this Leslie and I are on our way to San Diego for a life-expanding family reunion.  I can't wait to get there!  We'll be back late Thursday night. Make sure you get your young people (and ALL of their friends) to the Annex Thursday night at 7 PM for youth service with Ben Rice.  It will be smashing!

Check out this scripture from Psalm 27:1-2 from the NLT:

     Unless the LORD builds a house, the work of the builders is wasted.
     Unless the LORD protects a city, guarding it with sentries will do no good.
     It is useless for you to work so hard from early morning until late at night,
     anxiously working for food to eat:  for God gives rest to his loved ones.

Many times over the years I have found myself - mistakenly - building my house, my life, my world and all that is in it, in vain.  In other words, I didn't build to God's blueprint for my life. In construction, when you build from the wrong set of plans, the work you built has to be torn down, so it can be built right. 

Are you building your house, your marriage, your life according to your own design?  Your parents design?  The world's design?  Or are you building from the Master Builder's design? God has a blueprint for every person's life. Build to that plan, and you'll see the project come together much quicker, and it will be built to last.

If you've built to your own specifications, let God tear down the work, and let Him begin today, the good work of rebuilding your life, to reflect His design.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.