Friday, October 10, 2008

Open Mouth...Insert Foot


If I had a dollar for every time I said some stupid thing without thinking about it beforehand, I could buy a tropical island somewhere and retire on it. Does anyone know what I mean? I really hope so, because if I thought it was just me...I would probably lose all hope.

If you're anything like me (and chances are pretty good you are), you have sat, head in hands, and lamented loudly, "I can't BELIEVE I just said that", as the foolish words you turned loose on someone echo inside your head.  Why do we do it? More importantly, is there anything we can do to stop it?

I've got an idea of something we can do, and I'd like to share it with you and a couple hundred of your closest friends this Sunday at Crossroads as we kick off a new 3-week series, aptly titled, 'Me & My Big Mouth'.  Come early for Starbucks and Krispy Kreme donuts.  Stick around for the service and let's see if we can get some practical help for today, a little inspiration for the future, and have a few good laughs along the way.

Invite BIG this weekend!  See you Sunday!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.