Friday, October 31, 2008

The Blessed Life

I am so excited for this weekend.  Actually for the whole month of November.  I have to tell you, this series has been rolling around inside me for quite some time.  In preparation for it,  over the past several weeks, I have read things about "the blessed life" that have not only disturbed me, but just plain made me mad.

Our focus this month at Crossroads is going to be about money - why we have it, what we're supposed to do with it, how to live with it, and how to keep track of it - but I am amazed (I guess I shouldn't be) at the amount of teaching out there that equates blessing merely with HAVING money and OWNING possessions.

I know there have been times in my life where I have fallen prey to the kind of thinking that says: "If I HAVE lots of money and I OWN lots of possessions, than it means that I am blessed." I've come to a bit of a conclusion about all that, and I'd really like to share it with you a piece at a time for the next five weeks at Crossroads.

You may disagree, but I believe our lives are only "blessed", when we use what we've been blessed with, to be a blessing to others.  Don't think you have enough?  Don't think you can be a blessing to someone else? Don't miss this first installment of The Blessed Life at Crossroads.  'Cause actually...I heard you're RICH ! (Shhh...I won't tell if you don't).  

Have a great weekend!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.