Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What A Fool Believes

I've been having way too much fun today.  Got a bit of a breather in the estimating cycle. Back to it tomorrow, but today I just got to hang out with Leslie, get caught up on stuff, and spend some time editing video.  

Sorry for two vid posts in one day. I hope you'll indulge me.  As I was editing the whole service, and would speed through certain sections to get to other sections, I was struck by what a goofy, funky looking dance I seemed to be doing.  And the whole thing reminded me of this scripture:  

Since God, in his wisdom, saw to it that the world would never know him through human wisdom, he has used our foolish preaching to save those who believe. (1 Cor 1:21, NLT)  

Preaching the Gospel of Christ crucified and resurrected is foolishness to those relying on scientific understanding or human wisdom alone.  But the Bible says that God chose the things the world considers foolish to shame those who think they are wise, weak things to shame the powerful, and things which are considered nothing, to bring to nothing the things the world considers important.  

So, in the words of James (no, not the Lord's brother - James Brown, the Godfather of Soul): 

Ain't It Funky Now? 

You better believe it is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.