Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bits And Pieces

I've been a bad blogger lately.  I know it, and I repent.  Well...I think I repent.  See, I get that repent doesn't just mean "I'm sorry", which I am, but it means "I change", which remains to be seen...concerning being a better blogger.

So, to catch up: Sunday was a rip-snorter (not sure what that means, but it sounds very "western").  We had a great crowd and once again I'm just amazed at the people that get up and get it done on Sunday morning setting up Crossroads at the cinema.  I am overwhelmed at the real community that is developing in our midst.

I have to admit, Sunday morning was kind of weird for me.  I had a sort of goof-up with some medication I take regularly which left me feeling very bizarre beginning about a half hour before the service started.  I was really shaky and very dizzy and somewhat out of it.  Not a good combination right before you walk on the platform to communicate with a room full of people.  I came to about 20 minutes in.  Watching the video later that night was an interesting experience.  I'll do better with my meds in the future.  

Sunday night we had a fantastic staff meeting.  We had an exercise required by my current coaching network that had us look at and define "turning points" in the development of Crossroads to date.  It was really cool to go back (although not that far) and see how God has orchestrated our lives and activities to center on what He is doing in Enterprise.  

Monday, Leslie and I drove down to Ocala for our monthly coaching network meeting.  We met for six hours of intensive learning at the Springs.  I am humbled and very grateful to be coached by Church @ the Springs lead pastor Ron Sylvia.  I am also amazed at how much of himself he invests, not just in the process, but in the people in our group.  It is an environment that really challenges me to learn and grow, something that I want to make sure filters through our whole organization at Crossroads.  There's a lot of guys with real large churches that I am listening to and learning from.  I feel like a beginner there...very green. But, like a 75 year-old friend of mine once said, "If you're green, you're growing. If you're ripe, you're rotting". 

Getting home tonight was a bit of an adventure.  My truck acted like it wanted to stay in Ocala. With some prayer (and a bit of mechanical convincing by a nice man who stayed real late at work to help us), we finally got down the road, and home a little before midnight.

Big rest of the week.  Some work tomorrow, a lot of prep for the weekend, and an all-day workday Friday at the Annex (see if we can get the offices whipped into shape).  Have a GREAT Wednesday!   

1 comment:

  1. Gene - I am honored to have you in the Coaching Network. You are NOT green. You bring a teachable spirit and wisdom to the network. Thanks for being part.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.