Friday, September 5, 2008

NEW SERIES!!


This Sunday @ Crossroads (College Cinema in Enterprise) we start a brand new series called UNDER THE INFLUENCE.

Sept. 7    SMASHED   We're ALL under the influence of SOMETHING.
Sept 14   SWITCH   Changing more than just your BRAND.
Sept 21   SIP    Lessons from the BREW MEISTER.
Sept 28  SPILL   Influence the INSPIRES!

Sounds boozy, right?  Sure, whenever we think about being under the influence the first thing that comes to mind for many is being under the influence of alcohol. But there's a whole lot more that you and I are under the influence of.  Let's have a conversation about it and get some direction that can help us to live every day UNDER THE INFLUENCE of God.

This series is going to be a breakthrough for Crossroads (and me, personally) as I take to the platform with no script.  "What?!?  No script?!?  How will you know what you're doing?  How will WE know where you're going?"

Don't worry guys, I'll have notes to keep us on track, but I am definitely going to be UNDER THE INFLUENCE of something bigger than just me.  I want change in my life (not just nickels and dimes, either), but REAL change.  Here's the conclusion that I've reached: If I COME to church without being able to remember the message - how can I expect you to LEAVE church remembering the message?  (Good point, huh?)  So, "Goodbye" scripted message, and "Hello" conversation".  

Let's have fun with this all month long.  Invite BIG this weekend and let's get our new series kicked off right! See you Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.