Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Happy Day & Stuff

Wow.  It feels like it's been a week since Sunday morning.  I have been super busy (just like everybody else), and I'm finally getting a chance to catch my breath for the first time since a week ago Friday! (That's nuts!)  Anyway, I wanted to recap some of my take-away's from Sunday's service, so here goes:

Starting a new series was cool.  It was just good to have the first month at the Cinema behind us.  And it seemed like we got a lot of other stuff behind us, too.  The sound was much improved and the stress level on our media folks seemed to be down a few notches (at least pre-service).

The band was simply wonderful!  Janna really sang great and I was truly impressed with the bands sound overall.  The mix was good, and the band just gave a really solid performance. There was a good groove going on up there and I couldn't have been more pleased with the progress!

It was fun sharing using a new map instead of a script.  While our media folks had a scripted message, to make sure we hit cues at the right times, I preached (largely) from a mental map instead of from a printed out script.  This is a new way of doing this for me, and after doing it hundreds of times the old way, it may take some time to get good at it.  But I felt like the rewards were instantly recognizable. Sunday morning (at least in the first 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes) I got to experience a whole 'nutha level of connection with the crowd.  It was really neat.

Great crowd on Sunday.  Over 16 first time attenders.  Many re-commitments, and just overall a really wonderful and special day. Thanks to all who make Crossroads a truly different church experience for the people in this community!  It's such a privilege to get to do this!

Look to your right and you'll see you can now subscribe to this Blog via email.  Take advantage of it.  Every time there's a new post, you'll get an email alert.  Good, yeah?  Have a great week!      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.