Monday, June 30, 2008

Random Musings

Wow, what a loooooooong day.  I think I have some dain bramage from inhaling oil-based enamel primer paint fumes.  No, I wasn't just sitting in a corner huffing. Today was the day the LIFE3 mural went away.  It took several coats.  Look for cool new lobby stuff supporting July's series COUNTDOWN on Sunday!  

Construction work continues in all areas of the Annex as Leslie and I get ready to move our offices out of our house;  we transform the "dark and spooky hallway of gloom" into the "bright and cheerful passageway to excellence"; we ready the children's area for elementary ministry on Sunday mornings; and as we convert the formerly Barney-colored tile dance studio, into The Garage, our new youth facility, to open on Wednesday August 13th.  When I say "we", I mean me and all the Roadies that are putting in the hours this week.  If you're free Wednesday night, Thursday day, or Saturday come on down to the Annex and grab a paintbrush or a hammer.  (If you're nice I'll let you smell the oil-based enamel primer.  Ha, ha!)

I have a headache. Why does everything smell like paint?  Why are all the lights in my house purple?  Why does my dog look like an iguana?  Whoa, dude...... 

Sorry.  I'm back.  Hey, busy week this week.  Lots of work to do at the Annex, Freedom Fest on Friday, and a new series starting Sunday morning.  I LOVE CROSSROADS!  You guys rock!!

Goodnight everybody.  

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like ya'll kicked Monday's butt! Lot's of great stuff going on. The cool thing is we all can make an impact. A special shout-out to Matt and Anthony. Those guys have been working hard. -Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you dont start seeing smurfs...its all good. =)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.