Thursday, June 5, 2008

Eliminator

So we have this great three-day concert event for the ages going on in a peanut field just outside our little town. Everybody from ZZ Top to Hank Williams Jr. to Lynyrd Skynyrd (did I spell that right? - spellcheck only likes Leonard Skinner) is going to be here.  

Wow ZZ Top!  They're like in their 70's, right?  Dude, c'mon, I'm 47 and I remember La Grange when I was 15 in 1975.  So if they were, say, 28 or 29 THEN, they gotta be like at least early 60's now, right?  Okay, let's Google it. I'll be right back with the answer...  

Okay (thanks for waiting), La Grange came out on the "Tres Hombres" (how cool is that?) album in 1973.  I was thirteen!  Billy Gibbons, Dusty Hill and Frank Beard were ALL twenty-four (all three were born in 1949).  That means I was wrong (What's new).  But ZZ Top is (collectively) 177 years old!  I wonder how many times they have to get up in the night?  Whatever... I want to be preaching the gospel when me & Leslie are (collectively) 177 years old!  

Maybe we'll go see the old guys.  I mean, they're right down the street.  And, clearly, they still rock!  All we need are tickets, a few bottles of water...and some cheap sunglasses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.