Sunday, February 1, 2009

Up Late

Wow.  What is it about God that makes us always wholly dependent on Him?  I have thought about little this week other than tomorrows (this morning's?) message. Throughout the week I have studied passages of scripture, made notes, and of course spent hours editing video for the service.  My normal routine of late has been to have my message essentially ready by Friday night, so I have the luxury of tweaking all day and night Saturday if necessary.

I began today feeling as though I had never prepared a message, let alone stepped up on the platform to deliver one.  

God is supernatural, and we require supernatural ability to do His work.  Paul calls our lack of recognition of that fact foolish.  "Are you so foolish?  Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? (Gal 3:3)"  I can no more rely on my own natural ability to minister the Word of God, than I can rely on my own natural ability to receive forgiveness for my sins, or eternal salvation.

I am really excited about tomorrow's service at Crossroads. It's been difficult to weed out the unnecessary elements of the message to get to the "main thing".  But now I can't wait to see how God's Word and the power of the Holy Spirit work together to bring change to people's lives.

Start with me, Lord.  Continue to move ME out of the way, so I can be something You can use.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the message this week!
    it was funny, but also full of relevant application and real wisdom as well.
    loved it!

    mad props God!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Needed to hear that. Relevant for me.
    -HM

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.