Monday, December 1, 2008

MONDAY MIND DUMP

I trust that everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend and had someplace to go (or someplace to avoid) on Thursday.  We had a good crowd that included Leslie's parents from Colorado...or California...or Texas...or Florida...or Canada (they spend half the year in a motor home, not sure where they're from). Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful no doubt and, as many have commented on last weeks Blog posts, we all have much to be thankful for.  (I am going to go out on a limb here and say I think God would be tickled if we remained thankful throughout the entire year and so I will endeavor to do so).  Some quick hits from the weekend:
  1. FANTASTIC TURNOUT for the Sunday after a big holiday!  I was impressed.  I thought we'd get killed on attendance, but attendance was SOLID!  Hats off to everyone who made the trip!
  2. Worship was great, band sounded great (Leslie's mom said, "It was a little loud", but that's what Mom's are supposed to say, right?), and hats off to everyone for pulling off the "Jonathan Cutrell is in the house" caper.  Having him on stage was just awesome. What are you doing the rest of the year Jonathan?
  3. Great to conclude series, The Blessed Life.  It was a real important series for our community and a turning point for many individuals, and for Crossroads as a church.
  4. Despite all the dire warnings from the church planting intelligentsia, November was the best month we have had since we opened with regards to attendance and offerings! It was also the BIGGEST month for readership of this Blog (1000 visits!).  Thank you God!
  5. Alabama made up for 6 years of SEC futility and kicked the crap out of Auburn to go 12-0 on the season.  (Though some might argue that Auburn had very little crap left in 'em, when they showed up in Tuscaloosa). At any rate, Roll Tide!
  6. I am really excited for the month of December at Crossroads.  Excited to decorate the Cinema for Christmas and to start our new series, JOY!  
  7. Kudos again to our awesome set-up team, who get the job done regardless of who shows up, or how many show up!  You guys rock!
  8. We have the best ministry for kids ever and I am so happy to part of a church that values children and cares about children's ministry!
Many, many more thanks for a great weekend go out to all who labor to make Crossroads a place where people can come and connect with God and each other!

Have a great Monday!  Go out and serve BIG in your world this week!
  

3 comments:

  1. Kudos on the Blog visits milestone! You've been posting with amazing consistency. And I love how the Crossroads crew stays tuned in. Way to stay connected, Roadies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blog. It helps me feel connected a LOT more than a once a week service does. Always fun to get a lil insight on my church family through the blogs and twitters. I can't wait to be back in church next Sunday! Till then I'll get my fix through the podcast. Thanks for all the E ways to connect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this has been my favorite series so far, I learned a ton that will stick with me forever!!
    great job all month long PG!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.