Wednesday, May 21, 2008

He Was So Young (sniff)...

As I said at our Leader's Meeting last night, "I made a mistake".  It wasn't my first.  It's a sure bet it won't be my last.  But at least I'm not afraid to admit it.  I'm usually the first.  If I haven't admitted a mistake, it means one of two things.  Either I don't know I made a mistake, or I don't think I made a mistake.  

Starting a Bible Study before we launched at the College Cinema was a mistake. I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience it may have caused.  We must focus ALL of our effort and energy toward our launch on 10 August, and I jumped the gun.  

Who could blame me?  The Word of God is cool.  Who wouldn't want to study it all the time?  Problem is, right now, that's somewhat less than a dozen people.  Let's focus on the weekend, building up the launch team, and get this thing up into orbit and THEN, once we have 125 or more regular attenders, we'll have Bible Study, we'll start Small Groups, we'll be about the business of mid-week ministry.  Okay?  

"Mea culpa.  Mea maxima culpa".  In any language, "my bad".  Now dry your eyes, blow your nose, forgive me, and let's move on.  We've got a revolution to start in this town!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.