Saturday, April 19, 2008

He Said...She Said

Jesus was the greatest communicator that ever walked the earth.  He tells us exactly why his communication was effective and reliable.  In John 8:28 Jesus says, "I do nothing on my own but say only what the Father taught me".  Later, in John 12:49,50 Jesus again says, "I don't speak on my own authority.  The Father who has sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it. And I know his commands lead to eternal life; so I say whatever the Father tells me to say".  

Why was Jesus such a great communicator?  Because he only said what he heard the Father say.  If we want to prevent communication breakdowns in our lives - at home, in our marriages, with the kids, at work, wherever we go - we need to be saying what the Father said.  It's written for us in the Bible, and it's communicated to us by the Holy Spirit.  When we speak as we are led to speak by the Holy Spirit, we have the confidence of truly knowing what to say and how to say it.  Our communication will be effective and reliable!  

Bring a friend and come laugh with us, and learn with us, at Crossroads this Sunday at 10:00AM for Episode 3 in our continuing series Home Improvement.  This week: "Communication Breakdown". See you there!


2 comments:

  1. awesome! God gave moses all the words to say too. He a guy with a speech impediment to free israel and years later that guy is seen every easter played by Charton Heston.
    it pretty cool how God uses people you wouldn't expect and gives them the words they need. (Peter is another good'un) I think it seems like God doesn't need people with tons of talent as much as people who make themselves available to be used. You and Leslie made youselves available to God's purposes and He's using you immensely! Keep up the awesome work bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even old no talents like us, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.