Monday, May 18, 2009

MONDAY MIND DUMP (Rain Delay Edition)

Well...what can I say.  After an absolutely STELLAR morning, a great crowd, a positively electric lobby, the best worship experience probably like, ever, in the sanctuary our Beach, BBQ and Baptism at Lake Tholloco was totally rained out.

I know, I know...I said rain or shine, and I meant it.  Those of you who have ridden with me know that a bit of rain is not going to spoil my fun.  However, I thought it would be irresponsible of me to drag you and your children into a roiling lake, in deluge conditions, with cloud to ground lightening and thunder clapping overhead.  Not really what we're going for.

On a really personal note, I'm not just bummed about the event being cancelled, I am aching over the fact that in our awesome service on Sunday I gave you a challenge ("get baptized TODAY") that it was impossible for you to carry out.  That hurts my heart.

On a lighter - and forward looking - note, the Beach, BBQ and Baptism has been rescheduled! Same location, same time, on Sunday May 31st!!!

By my reckoning, we had around 30 who wanted to be baptized on Sunday.  Let's see if we can make it 40 in the next two weeks!

Love you guys so much.  So sorry about BBB getting washed out.  But let's dig in over the next two weeks, and build a bigger crowd, get MORE people baptized.  Nothing like a little anticipation to stir the heart.

Have a great week, and don't forget to weigh in on the Touchy Topic Series all week long!

2 comments:

  1. It was sooooooo AWESOME to be in the main sanctuary on Sunday. Missed the kids, but truly enjoyed the message. GREAT teaching on baptism! The video roll in "At our Church" rocked! Cool way to get across who we are and what we believe. The keyboard during P&W added an extra wow factor...sounded FAB! Bummed about BBB as well, but that just means that God has more in mind to be baptized! Didnt like being minus one Ordway, things just arent the same without her there. Cant wait to start the new series in The Filling Station this Sunday!
    -Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved the message on sunday! thanks so much*

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.