Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Clown Barf

When I sit at my computer in my office at the Annex, the wall directly in front of my is covered by a massive 6-month dry erase calendar.  As I looked at it this morning, random non-sequiturs (was that redundant?) began flooding into my already totally flooded (think carburetor) mind.  Here's a few of them:
  1. Today is the last day of the Sticks Conference that got cancelled that we didn't go to.  At least I'll be home to watch the 2-hour season finale of LOST on our really cool new ABC HD channel from Time Warner.
  2. Our really cool new digital phone service from Time Warner doesn't work.  Ever. (I know that's not on my calendar, but I thought about it when I thought about Time Warner.
  3. None of our cell phones work in our new house.  (That's not on my calendar either, but thinking about really bad giant companies that promise things they don't deliver automatically made me think of Sprint.  I'll get back to the calendar now).
  4. I always mess up the spelling of calendar the first time: c-a-l-a-n-d-e-r.  Know what I mean?
  5. I can't wait for Beach, Barbeque and Baptism on Sunday.  If it rains, I'm counting everyone who gets wet.
  6. I had a friend, who's already been married four times, call me and tell me he's getting married again ("?") on the 22nd of May...in 2010.  I'll have to put that on my calander (see?) - CALENDAR - next time around.
  7. May 25th is my first "tweetaversary".  I hope I get something nice.
  8. Off the calendar again: My Blog readership for The Intersection has fallen to dangerously low levels.  I went under 1000 last month. I'm barely at 300 this month and it's half over.  You know what that means don't you? Expect several hideously controversial subjects taken head on at my Blog over the next two weeks.
  9. Still off the calendar:  If you're reading this - send me ideas on your favorite hideously controversial topic.  I'll put in a good word for you with my publisher.
  10. Back on:  I keep forgetting to bring over my special dry erase erasing liquid and special magic felt dry erase eraser from my old office.  I tried to erase April with Windex and paper towels, but as there is nothing magic about Windex and paper towels it didn't do a very good job. Looks like a clown threw up where April used to be.  Truth be told, I'm a little concerned about May.
  11. On a happier note, THE GARAGE BAND will be doing worship at Crossroads on Sunday May 24th!  That'll be really cool.  We'll make a short vid about youth ministry at Crossroads to show before they play.  People need to know the surpassing level of youth ministry that goes on at Crossroads every Wednesday night at the Annex.
  12. I like the word 'surpassing'.  There's something...prodigious about it.  (Clearly that was self-indulgent.  Sorry.)    
  13. Chris Brooks will be bringing the message at Crossroads on Sunday May 31st.  Also a big deal.  He's really good.  He'll be doing the second part of our three-part series on the Bible called .txt
  14. That's about it for now.  Gotta get back to message prep.  And listen, don't forget about my friends fifth wedding on May 22nd 2010.   
Have a bang up day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.