Wednesday, April 1, 2009

In The Event of Failure...

Zig Ziglar has always been fond of saying "Failure is an event, not a person".  Have you failed? Good.  Now you know how not to do something.  Thomas Edison is quoted as saying, "I have not failed.  I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work".  I got to tell you, I love that kind of talk.  You may disagree, but I have always believed that if you're not making mistakes...you're not trying hard enough.   

Yeah, I know you've seen this vid before, watch it again anyway...     




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post. I HATE making mistakes. If I could avoid it, I would never try anything new, so I would never make any mistakes! But in planting a church, or any other venture, my mistakes have been my greatest teachers. Duh. Nothing risked, nothing gained. Guess I'm a slow learner.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me feel a lot better, every day it seems like I fail at one thing or another. And indeed, I do learn from it all. Sometimes, I learn the hard way, and from that, I strive to succeed. It is very hard at times, but then again, nothings too easy.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.