Friday, April 10, 2009

Heart's Desire

Once again, my big take-away from anything Crossroads related is totally tied into what people are doing.  I mean I know it's Passion week, and I understand what Good Friday is all about, and I've read it and shared it with others, and prayed about it, and meditated on it in my heart, and I am certain that the most important part of EVERYTHING that has ANYTHING to do with ANYTHING Jesus ever did has EVERYTHING to do with how MUCH God loves PEOPLE.

And that cranks my tractor.

All week long Roadies (and honorary Roadies - like our missions group from CATB in Tampa) have been pouring their hearts into making preparations for Easter Sunday service at Crossroads.  And why?  Because there will be PEOPLE there that God is CRAZY about. And He wants them to know that life doesn't END in the grave, but through the awesome power of resurrection and the blood of Jesus Christ, our life can be ETERNALLY SPENT in the presence of a Creator who totally digs you and me. 

And that cranks my tractor.

So as we finish preparations, as we put the finishing touches on videos, on messages, on environments, on songs, on sound, on lighting, on signage, on 30-foot green dinosaurs in the parking lot, let our HEART'S DESIRE be this: to do ALL we do, with ALL our hearts, in the Name of the Lord, to make Jesus famous, to point people to Christ, and to kick a HUGE DENT in hell.  PRAY for those who will come.  Pray that NOTHING stops them.  Pray that their ears are open to hear, their minds are open to understand, and their hearts are open to receive ALL that God has for them this Sunday.

Somewhere in heaven, I hear God's tractor...cranking.


1 comment:

  1. I love you constant enthusiasm about Jesus. You, your staff and the ROADIES are doing an awesome work for the Lord. That cranks my tractor!
    Have a great Easter and may thousands throughout the Wiregrass come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior this Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.