Monday, April 27, 2009

MONDAY MIND DUMP

I looked forward to Sunday's service ALL week.  I was so excited to be going to Crossroads.  What a GREAT weekend we had.  God NEVER disappoints.  Here's a few quick takes:
  1. Great to see the crowd back up after "Bomb Sunday".  Top ten crowd attendance.  More people=more fun (and more opportunities to connect)!
  2. Lots of first-time attenders!
  3. Eight people rededicated their lives to Christ!
  4. We're halfway through current series.  It's challenging everyone. 
  5. Got to give away an Apple i-pod nano, and Apple i-tunes card, and...an apple.
  6. Teaching on jealousy, good stuff.  Need it.  Listen to the podcast if you weren't there.
  7. Absolute MOTHER of all blonde jokes (yes...in church)!
  8. GREAT JOB by Nic, Janna and the band in the face of ridiculous technical glitches that weren't their fault. Way to troop!
  9. Bad news: Getting really TIRED of jacked-up sound gear.
  10. Good news: Getting really INSPIRED to raise money for new sound gear.
  11. Krispy Kreme: FAIL.
  12. Dunkin' Donuts: You're up!
  13. Children's ministry at Crossroads ROCKS!  In every area.  But....WE NEED MORE ADULT VOLUNTEERS TO HELP OUT IN NURSERY/PRE-SCHOOL (were those letters big enough, Jesse?).
Met a first-time attender on the way out the door after service.  He had a big bible in his hands and said to me (in a mildly condescending tone), "I brought this...I guess I didn't need it".  I said, "Yeah, but we gave away an i-pod. Cool, huh?"  He knew I was kidding him, and I do hope I didn't offend him in any way.  I hope he takes it in stride and comes back again.  My promise to him - and ALL who attend Crossroads - is that we will preach the TRUTH of God's Word.  I can also promise that we will use any means at our disposal to get that truth across.  

Folks, Crossroads is a church for anybody, but that doesn't mean it's the place for everybody.  We get that.  It's dark in the sanctuary because we have no house lights.  We get that, and house lighting is on the list of things to purchase as part of our sound and lighting package.  So to compensate for the fact that it's dark in the cinema where we meet, we put the scriptures we're focusing on each week, up on a HUGE 30-foot screen, and also include them in the worship guides we pass out to each person.  

I bring my Bible every Sunday.  I teach from the Bible.  I believe the Bible is the actual, living Word of God and the power of God unto salvation and that is the TRUTH that we preach.  Every Sunday.  I also happen to like donuts, coffee and an occasional well-timed joke.  Hope you do to.

Two more weeks of our current series.  Then on May 17th, a special service called REVEAL, where we'll teach about baptism and then go baptize a few dozen people Sunday afternoon at Lake Tholocco. 
Then for three weeks, we're doing a series called .txt, teaching people (and inspiring them) to read the Bible on their own.

If you are a mature Christ-follower, my general assumption about you (which can be wrong at times, I realize), is that you are SELF-FEEDING.  In other words, you read your Bible, you pray, you follow, you study, you DO the things that you have learned to do as you have matured in your walk with Jesus.  And IF you are a mature Christian, then you totally understand that Crossroads Sunday service is not about mature Christians, it is ALL about reaching, teaching, and inspiring those who are not. (Think 'triage'.  You know...for the wounded?  Not 'trough').  Just sayin'.

Love doing LIFE with you at Crossroads!  Peace.

1 comment:

  1. it's easy to troop through the set when I off in headphone/click world and cant hear the glitches! lol!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.