Friday, April 24, 2009

The Time For Everything

I don't know what season this is.  I mean, not like Spring, or Summer or anything like that, I mean season of life, season. Solomon says in Ecclesiastes that there is a "season for every activity under heaven".  I guess I didn't realize that was a literal season.  You know, as in, THIS is the season for every activity under heaven.  Pretty sure that's not what he meant , but it sure seems like it lately.

We're moving from one house into another, from two offices into two others all the while I'm consulting for three different companies, meeting folks and taking calls and message prep and so on and I guess I just got to busy to Blog about it.  Just like the video promo says, "Crossroads IS a center of activity".  And that's very cool.

Great stuff is going on at here.  God is adding to our numbers every week, our footprint has never been larger, we're finally actually a BLIP on the spiritual radar screen in our town, and we are planning for growth far beyond our current capacity.  In fact, everything we are doing is FAR beyond our capacity to "perform".  Fortunately, we don't have to.  Crossroads stage belongs to Jesus and He's the only One that's gonna get famous on it.  We get to be hands and feet and eyes and ears and mouth and heart but GOD is building the house. Thank God.

In a couple of weeks our first full-time staffer comes on-board. (Well, in fairness, he's been on-board since way before there was a board to be on, but he's just never been paid that way).  And I'm so excited about that I can't hardly stand it.  It is SO GREAT to be working out of my office at the Annex now, and I can't wait to work with others in this environment.

Ya'll, God is about to go...well, 'God', you know...BIG, right here in the middle of all this. We have just begun to scratch the surface of what God has for us to mine here.  So what season is it?  Is it the planning season, the deciding season, the moving season, the busy season, the rainy season, the hard work season, the plowing, the sowing, the reaping season, the praying season, the studying season, the GROWING season? Yup.  

That's EXACTLY what season this is.  Crossroads is a CHURCH PLANT. That means: This IS the season for every activity under heaven.  Woot!

See you Sunday!  I'll Blog a little more next week now that I'm settled in the office.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.