Monday, October 26, 2009

ROADIE APPRECIATION

Just a quick Blog post separate and apart from the WEEKEND UPDATE, because it deserves special attention of its own. This weekend, you guys blessed me and Leslie and the kids with a financial gift that was way above and beyond. I cannot express to you how humbling that is and how grateful we are.

See, the way we have it figured, WE'RE the ones who are blessed, we're the lucky ones, we're the fortunate ones...not you guys! We should be giving you cards, and pouring out blessings on YOU!

In the 10th Chapter of Mark, there's this great conversation that takes place between Jesus and Peter, on the heels of an amazing exchange between Jesus and a certain rich young ruler. Peter (and I imagine him looking wide-eyed with some trepidation, and a bit of a, "Um...feeling a little sorry for myself here" attitude), says to Jesus, "We have left EVERYTHING to follow you"!

Jesus says to Peter, "I tell you the truth, no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age". You know, I used to think that scripture was all about money. But it's so much MORE than that! Today, I realize that whatever Leslie and I and our kids have sacrificed for the sake of the gospel, is CONTINUALLY poured back into our lives by God. And the biggest way He does that is by letting us do life with YOU.

Today, our family is privileged to be a part of HUNDREDS of families that we have received at Crossroads! Brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, children. We have MORE than we ever imagined!

Thank you for all you do for us. We appreciate YOU!!! I pray that the Holy Spirit would always help us as we endeavor to walk worthy of our calling as your pastors.

Gene & Leslie