Tuesday, August 26, 2008

CLEAN SLATE

I'll admit it.  I'm a junkie for the weekend.  I LOVE attending Crossroads.  But not just because I get to preach there.  No, when we sat down over a year ago and began dreaming with God what church could be like, what we were dreaming wasn't a place to preach and play music that hopefully some people would come to so we could justify doing it.  It was a place we wanted to attend!  

I believe we're starting to see those dreams come into being. And it's a great deal of fun!  I look forward to going each week where I get to see old friends and meet new ones.  (I swear it's not for the donuts, I haven't had one in a couple of weeks!)  I just really dig the vibe there.  Yeah, we have technical bugs and glitches to work out and we're learning week by week what they are - but Crossroads is making my church attending experience fun, enjoyable and meaningful. I'll deal with the bugs and glitches, 'cause I can't wait to see what happens next!  

So many cool opportunities coming up.  Like September 14th.  Finally, church membership! If you've been wondering about it, stop wondering.  Sunday September 14th, we'll have our first membership class for Crossroads at 5:00 PM at the Annex (more info later).  

This is an exciting time at Crossroads and a great time to invite people.  This coming Sunday August 31st will be our final episode in our current series LOST.  Check it out.  The theme of the message is this: CLEAN SLATE (It's Never Too Late To Be Who You Might Have Been)!  

Invite someone to LOVE this week!

1 comment:

  1. Hey man, you know what I love about Crossroads? We are building a community! Our lobby sort of reminds me of Wal-Mart in a sense! You walk in and its cluttered with people, talking and conversing and bring a sense of connection! We are still getting our feet wet with what God is doing in the lives of the roadies and the repeat offenders! People from all walks of life experiencing real life experiences, almost as if it was planned that way! Everytime I come to Crossroads, and the buzz of activity is going on, and people are working to set up and make things happen, you take alook around and you can see a glimpse of how things are going to be, when we come together as one! May we get that we are answering Jesus' prayer in John 17! Love you man,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.