Monday, June 28, 2010

WEEKEND UPDATE (062710)

Probably the most exciting day at Crossroads since we launched at the College Cinema on August 10th, 2008!  Incredible, amazing, fantastic day!  Here's just a few of the many things I noticed on Sunday:
  • GREAT crowd.  Many folks back from vaca.  The Crossroads Summer Surge is officially underway!
  • We wrapped up 'I Love My Church' and kicked off a brand new reason to get out of bed every morning.
  • If you were not there, you must, must, must listen to the PODCAST of Sunday's service.  In fact, if you missed the entire series, you really need to go back and listen to all five weeks.  It'll be easy.  35 minutes a day for five days.  Then when you come next week...you'll be all caught up.  And you'll also be all CAUGHT UP in God's amazing vision for our church and our community!
  • There's nothing like the local church when the local church is working right.
  • I'm so glad to be part of a local church "working right"!
  • Working right means seeing beyond the obvious.
  • Working right means a better life for everyone.
  • Working right means working together for God's purpose.
  • Working right means continuing with our ORIGINAL PURPOSE: To create a church that people who don't like to go to church would like to attend.
  • For us, working right mean creating a PERMANENT PLATFORM for ministry in our community!
  • I was BLOWN AWAY by the video fly-through of our new building!
  • Getting to actually SEE what our church will look like made a LOT of people cry yesterday...including me.
  • My favorite quote: "In the months and years to come, I am going to ask you to SEE more, DO more and GIVE more than you've ever seen, done, or given before".
  • God is TOTALLY directing our steps, every step of the way.  NO ONE has done in our community what God is allowing us to do!  This is different!  And I am HUMBLED beyond description.
  • We officially kicked off our 'I LOVE MY CHURCH BUILDING CAMPAIGN' yesterday and it felt so GOOD and so RIGHT to finally be at this place.
  • PHASE ONE WILL HAPPEN, and right on time!  (Their contributions were MORE than enough to complete the whole project.  Exodus 36:7)
  • In the second service, I actually referred to three years ago as 1997!  Yes, I have become "that guy".
  • I LOVE what the new lobby/atrium looks like in PHASE FIVE!
  • I think I like the 'Aviator's Garden' about as much as anything we will construct!  This is going to be special.
Guys, I could go on with this for HOURS, so I'm going to stop.  Comment here or on facebook about your favorite part of the vision we revealed in Sunday's service.  Remember, next week I'll be sharing my personal pledge with the church.  In the next couple of weeks remember to pray.  Not IF God wants you to be involved.  If Crossroads is your home church, the God WANTS you to be involved.  But pray HOW God wants to use you.  Pray what God wants you to do in your life to be a part of the "more than enough" we will recieve to complete this project.  Pray about your PLEDGE.  Don't forget about FREEDOM FEST on Saturday.  Bring WATER to the Annex all week.  And meet up with all of us on Saturday morning at Fort Rucker to help get set up.  or serve throughout the day at Crossroads booth.  Be there to meet our community.  Stay and help tear down and pack up.  Then BE THERE on Sunday for our Brand New Series DEADLIEST CATCH.  It's a fresh and relevant look for our lives at the Book of Jonah!  God bless you and keep you and give you GREAT PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.