Wednesday, June 30, 2010

More Than Enough

So excited about what's happening at Crossroads.  So many of you have called, and written, and posted messages about how excited you are, too - excited about Crossroads building plans that we rolled out on Sunday morning!  Your comments are SO ENCOURAGING!

You know, there is a time to dream, and a time to plan, and a time to prepare, and a time to take action.  While we've had this dream for many years, and - as God has given clarity to His vision and purpose for our church - we have planned and prepared.  But now is the time to take action.

This Sunday, in addition to kicking off our exciting new series 'Deadliest Catch', our PHASE ONE PLEDGE DRIVE to raise $300 thousand by the first week of May 2011 will also kick off, with a brief announcement of my personal pledge - exactly how much me and my family are planning to give to this important work.  I'm not doing it to showboat, or draw attention to myself.  I'm doing it because, as the lead pastor of Crossroads, it's right that I should go first.  Hey, if I'm not willing to pour God-given time, talent and treasure into this project, then why should anyone else?  It's important for all of us that I demonstrate that I am willing to go first.  I have never asked you to do anything I am unwilling to do, and I'm not starting now.  I want you to know the level of my personal comittment to this project.  Because, as I shared on Sunday, in the weeks, months and years to come, I am going to ask all of us to SEE more, to DO more and to GIVE more than many may have ever seen, done or given in their lives.  

That's next week.  Then the week after, we will announce the total amount pledged by our Elders and our paid staff.  The week after that, the total amount pledged by our Volunteer Leaders.  Before you are asked to pledge, you will know exactly the level of support that has been pledged by every person that leads in any capacity at Crossroads.  After that, everyone else will have three weeks to turn in their pledge cards, and on August 8th, during our second anniversary service at the cinema, we will announce the total amount of pledges for the whole church!  What a day that will be!

"Their contributions were more than enough to complete the whole project."
(Exodus 36:7, NLT)      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.