Monday, January 25, 2010

WEEKEND UPDATE (012410)

Greetings all!  Fantastic day (if a bit wet and windy) at Crossroads on Sunday.  Though we had a number of people out today, the service was one for the books!  Here's a few quick hits:
  • In an act that seems to be the hallmark of our ministry at Crossroads, many people rededicated their lives to Christ Sunday morning.  It's something that always amazes me, and something I couldn't possibly ever grow weary of seeing.  I don't know how God does it (frankly, I'm amazed He allows me to even be a witness to it), but I hope He never, ever stops doing it!
  • From the first song to the closing prayer today's service was just plain fun.  And, apparently, God did what He needed to do.
  • For the first 15 minutes of the message it felt more like a clean version of Comedy Central than a church service, which suits me fine because I love to laugh.  Together, we probably laughed more in Sunday's service than we've laughed in church in a while.  I said when I stepped up on the platform, "I don't know what it is, but I just feel silly this morning".  A few minutes later we were laughing like a bunch of goobers, and I felt warm inside, like the Holy Spirit was working through the laughter to ease pain, to heal broken hearts and to soften hard attitudes to receive one of the most important words we've ever shared at Crossroads: "Blue Light Special" (listen to the podcast).
  • No guy that was in that service will ever look at a girl he's not married to without thinking about solar eclipses (listen to the podcast).
  • No one that was in that service will ever log on to facebook without thinking about bug lights (listen to the podcast).
  • The service was short, sweet and to the point and it was exactly what we needed today!

As you go through your week, remember to ask yourself, "What is it about my life that demonstrates that I'm paying attention to God". When you answer that question, be sure to keep doing those things. Remember: What gets your attention, determines your direction in life.  Keep looking straight ahead this week.  Invite people in your world to Crossroads, and make sure you plan to have lunch at the Annex next Sunday as we prepare to kick off the most important season of small groups we've ever had at Crossroads.  Come to Grouplink, enjoy a great lunch with friends, and spend a few minutes talking to small group leaders as you decide which small group is right for you!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.