Wednesday, November 24, 2010

GIVING THANKS

Yeah man, I'm giving thanks.  I'm giving thanks that I get to go to a place where people are interested in serving others.  I'm giving thanks that that interest is translated into action.  I'm giving thanks that God gives us opportunities to serve in real, tangible ways.  One of those ways is happening tomorrow at the College Cinema parking lot from 11AM to 1PM, and I'm as excited as a kid before Christmas!

I am blown away by (and SO very grateful for) the hard work, organization, and dedication of our staff at Crossroads, and by the amazing level of comittment shown by the dozens of people who are working overtime preparing food for tomorrows Thanksgiving celebration.

Tomorrow morning, people from all over our community will be going to work at 8:30AM, setting up, making preparations, bringing food they prepared, and setting the table for an outrageous outdoor Thanksgiving BBQ feast absolutely free for anyone who wants to eat.  Hundreds of flyers have gone out, newspaper and television has picked up the story, the billboard is set, and the entire community is welcome to share!  But one of the most wonderful things of all will happen near the end of the afternoon.  As the crowd begins to thin, we'll begin preparing containers of food to personally deliver meals to people in trailer parks and housing areas that many probably don't realize even exist.

I wonder what God will do tomorrow?  I know this: I'm definitely showing up to find out.  Can't wait to see that tent full of people digging in.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.