Monday, October 11, 2010

MONDAY MORNING UPDATE (Haggis Edition)

Hey guys! Trust you had a fantastic weekend!  Alabama loss on Saturday notwithstanding, I know I did.  Here's just a few of the reasons why Sunday at Crossroads was the highlight of the weekend for me:
  • ROADIES 201 at 9AM in Cinema 3 went really well, and was really well attended!  Got tons of feedback from attenders about what a great job Pastor Matt did teaching the material.  Thanks to everyone who made the kickoff of ROADIES 201 a great success! 
  • Worship was exceptional yesterday!  Crossroads is blessed with an incomparable group of musicians who get better each week under worship leader Nic McElveen's direction.  Great job guys!
  • Yesterday was 10-10-10, so naturally we did a truckload of Top Ten Lists.
  • I bombed horribly during 1st service.  (If you have to explain the items on your Top Ten Lists...then you're in serious trouble.  I heard nothing but air-conditioning several times.)  
  • 2nd service was a straight-up, full-on, pie-in-the-face laugh-fest!  That was kind of the idea yesterday, to keep it light and have a bit of fun.  (Having fun is a lot more fun when things are funny and people are laughing and you're not bombing.)  
  • There were probably a lot of offensive things in many of my Top Ten Lists.
  • If you were offended...I'm sorry.  Not for doing the material...but for offending you by doing it.
  • Some of the material offended me...and I put it together.
  • I used the word 'suck' and the word 'freaking' yesterday.  Apparently, there is no level to which I will not stoop in order to get a laugh.        
  • Some of the other material didn't have offensive words in it, yet offended entire people groups.
  • That material won't be on the podcast.  
  • I don't want to be on CNN.
  • My favorite list was 'Crossroads Top Ten Rejected Ideas'.
  • My favorite Crossroads Rejected Idea was: #3 - Warm Haggis served in the lobby!
  • No one in either service laughed at that.  I assume no one in either service knew what HAGGIS was. My bad.  Look it up.  I'll do it next year on 11-11-11.  You can laugh then.  (BTW, Haggis is always funny.  Just sayin'.)
  • Mercifully, there was a message of HOPE after the Top Ten Lists.
  • It was about God's promises.
  • That will definitely be on the podcast!
Thank you so much for laughing AT me, and laughing WITH me yesterday.  The Bible says that laughter does good, like a medicine.  I LOVE to laugh!  I also love the PROMISES of God!  Have a GREAT week, and remember, next Sunday we kick off a brand new series about the Holy Spirit called 'GHOST'!  Can't wait to see you there!
       

1 comment:

  1. Pastor Gene, you so rocked yesterday!! We laughed so hard!! sorry about folks who get offended by good-fun. no sense of humor maybe?? Stay true to you and let God work on those others!! You are such a blessing!! We ♥ you and yours!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.