Monday, September 28, 2009

WEEKEND UPDATE (092709)

Hey guys, beautiful morning this morning and a great day at Crossroads yesterday! Here's a few things I'm taking away from the day and from the month of September at Crossroads:
  1. Really enjoyed Home Improvement and heard from MANY how simple the teaching was, and how they are already applying it in their lives.
  2. Several people during the series made first-time decisions to trust Christ or rededicate their lives to Christ!
  3. Six more people indicated on Sunday that they want to be baptized, bringing our current number to over a dozen! Baptism Sunday October 18th! Can't wait!
  4. Sunday we had a TON of people out sick or out of town but attendance was still very strong!
  5. Worship was great! Nic, Janna and the band sounded really good! Loved the Don Henley opener.
  6. Teaching on forgiveness is always a privilege. Matthew 18:21-35 is one of my favorite things in the Bible!
  7. I totally messed up the podcast by ripping our really cool microphone off my face because it was bugging me. Sorry.
  8. I LOVE how so many people at Crossroads are hooked up serving. It seems like every week, I see new people totally getting hold of the vision of Crossroads and digging in to help make it happen!
  9. On a personal note: Yesterday was my dog Biskit's 9th birthday. We took him for a lovely walk by the lake in the afternoon. Caitlin bought him a big rawhide bone to celebrate.
  10. Yesterday was my Uncle Gene's 81st birthday. I didn't take him for a walk. Caitlin did not buy him a rawhide bone. Uncle Gene is in GREAT condition! I hope I'm as strong as he is when I'm 81. He's like Jack Lalanne...without the unitard.

Love and peace to all! Don't forget to put into practice what we talked about on Sunday: Get rid of all anger...and forgive! You CAN do it. Remember people don't hold grudges...grudges hold people. This week make the decision to forgive. God will give you the courage and the strength you need to make it happen. All you have to do is be willing.

Have a GREAT week!