Sunday, August 30, 2009

To my Critics and Detractors, God's Best to You

You have written some tremendously harsh and hurtful things about me this week. You have taken my comments out of context. You have misrepresented, to those who are within your hearing, what I believe and what I teach. You have even, this week, called me a liar. While I am human and therefore feel the sting of your personal attacks and criticisms, as I would feel the pain of being mugged in the street, I am not moved to accommodate you by giving your words a platform.

I feel very deeply that what you are doing is wrong. You seem to be focused on tearing down, criticizing, and abusing the Bride of Christ, and abusing me personally as a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Accordingly, I have chosen to revoke your privilege - for the time - of being part of my conversation, as I would not suffer any other manner of verbal abuse. This Blog is intended to build up and edify the Body of Christ, and specifically those who attend and who are committed to growing in their faith at Crossroads.

Guys, I don't swing at pitches in the dirt, but don't mistake that for fear. I am not afraid of you, of your words, or - far more importantly - of standing before the judgment seat of Christ. I am not afraid to give an account before God of every word I have spoken and every message I have preached at Crossroads. My only fear is that people in our community, who do not have a relationship with God through Jesus Christ, might see the disunity born in your strident commentary, and walk away believing that they are not worthy recipients of God's grace and mercy. I have given my life - all that I am, all that I have, all that I will ever be - to do everything I can, to keep that from happening. To God be the glory.

You should know that I pray for you every day and every night. I pray nothing but God's favor for you and for those you love. I pray that God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ, give you grace and peace. I pray that love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control are abundantly evident in all that you do.

I leave all of this in God's hands, and, as I will not be commenting further on this matter, I have only this left to say: Know that I desire only God's best for you, praying that you use your life to win souls for the Kingdom of God, and that I remain ever willing to assist you accomplish that important work.

Gene Oden
Lead Pastor, Crossroads Community Church

Note: due to the incendiary nature of many of the comments I have received recently, comments on my blog are temporarily closed. Feel free to email me. Thank you for your patience and understanding.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.