Monday, April 4, 2011

WEEKEND UPDATE (040311- Communion)

Great Scott, what a fantastic weekend!  Started for Leslie and I on Saturday as we rode Harley's with a group of awesome folks for about six and a half hours.  As I cracked open a generous amount of throttle on Highway 27 east of Ozark, I felt the stress and strain of life begin to break off of me like a plaster shell; my concerns and worries swallowed up in the deep fluttering exhaust note of my chromed-out V-Twin....  Everyone should have a large motorcycle.  Preferably a Harley.  I'm pretty sure that's in the Bible somewhere.

Sunday came, and what a remarkable day it was.  I was a little shaky in the first service (sorry), as part of me was still out on the open road...Ahhhh the sticky black stripe rolling over green hills and through lush pastures...as I blast through the countryside, terrifying small farm animals with the blap-blappity-blap of 88 cubic inches of American steel...  (Okay...clearly I have some issues here that only riding will address).

So...Sunday:

We celebrated communion.  When we do that together as a church, a community of believers...well, there's just nothing like it!  Next to Baptism, sharing communion in the context of our church community is one of my favorite things in life.  Communion was given by Jesus to helps us remember Jesus in everything we do.  Remembering helps us to remain in Christ.  What an awesome God!

Thanks to everyone who made Sunday's communion services at Crossroads possible!  Have a GREAT week.  Next Sunday, we begin a brand new two-part series called 'LEVERAGE'.  Archimedes said, "Give me a lever long enough...and I will move the world".  Join us for the next two weeks as we talk about the "levers in our own lives" and how God wants us to leverage our time, talent and treasure to "move our world" for Christ!  

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.