Monday, May 24, 2010

WEEKEND UPDATE (TEEN TAKEOVER)

Leslie and I got back in the early evening last night from Colorado, where we had been for several days having flown out to officiate at the wedding of a clost friend.  Great to be back in LA and back to work this morning.  While we were gone we had a total Teen Takeover of Crossroads.  Such an important service!  People at Crossroads need to know what young people are doing in their midst.  Our teens are the future of the Church!  We MUST invest in them!!  Kudos to Youth Pastor Chris Brooks and everyone who made Teen Takeover happen!  Here's a few takeaway's from Pastor Chris about Sunday's service:

Having the help of all the teens to set-up was soo great! The lobby was up in record time even though we got into the Cinema late.

I LOVED being able to share a message very important to me. Thank you all for having me.
 
It was very cool having Hannah Waggerman, one of our teens, do the announcements from the platform. awesome job!!

Music was ROCKIN!! Those guys are are getting better and better every week that I hear them!

Speaking of rockin, I loved hear one of my all-time favorite youth songs, Solid Rock sung on Sunday morning!

Had a great behind the scenes, Roll-in video of The Underground on a Wednesday.

"Ridin in my Swagger Wagon!" You had to be there. we saw one of the funniest and awesome-est music videos ever! I laugh ever time I see it!
 Also, showed my favorite Youth Rollins, composed by our own Justin Eshelman! woot!

 Finally thanks to all the youth that worked both behind the scenes, out in the lobby, and in Cinema 1 step up and pull off a great service. TEEN TAKEOVER!!

 Biggest take-away: You WILL leave a legacy. the question is "What will it be?"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.