Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Taits

This Sunday the Crossroads family bids farewell to the Taits.  Jessie, Sarena, Seri, Toby, and Eddie are heading for Fort Hood next week.  Leslie and I are truly bummed that we will not be in town to pray for them in person before they head out, but we trust that many who are there on Sunday will.  Tait family, know that you are in our prayers and in our hearts even though we will not see you this Sunday.

To me, Jessie and Sarena have lived out how to come to a new town and get connected.  The first time I met Jessie and Sarena was the week I told the "mother of all blonde jokes" from the platform.  I'll never forget how Sarena (who happens to be...well, blonde) met me at the front door after the service and lovingly gave me a hard time for it.  Her great sense of humor instantly won me over and totally put me at ease, and I knew she was someone who loved to laugh.  I'll miss hearing that laugh coming from the back of Cinema One.  The next Sunday, Jessie showed up at our rained out Beach BBQ and Baptism with a great attitude and a large watermelon.  He went out of his way to meet everyone there, and then started bringing watermelon to youth every Wednesday.  Jessie and Sarena dug in and went to work serving at Crossroads and did it all while raising a beautiful family, and drinking from the fire hose that is Flight School at Fort Rucker.  The Taits taught me a great deal about living out their faith in practical ways and we will never forget them.  We are richer for knowing them and pray for God to pour out his blessings on them as they walk through life with Christ at the center of everything they do.

This is a video they did for small group about a year ago.  There is great stuff in here for young military families in transition, either coming to Fort Rucker, or heading out.  Tait family, you wrote an important chapter in the book of Crossroads being the Intersection of Church and Life.  And we know you will continue writing at Fort Hood and everywhere else you go.  Much love from all of us!


Jesse and Sarena Talk about Small Groups from Crossroads Community Church on Vimeo.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.