Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Breakfast


Do you wake up hungry in the morning?  I'm speaking in practical terms now.  When you wake up, is your first thought about eating something?  That's me, man.  I wake up thinking about eggs.  Eggs, eggs, eggs.  I probably should have been a chicken.  For Leslie,  it's all about the coffee.  In fact, I think she could go several years with nothing but coffee.  Not to say she doesn't eat breakfast, but if she doesn't have coffee...well, let's just say it isn't pretty.

What's your routine?  What do you have to have in the morning to start your day?  I'm finding more and more, that one of the things I have to have in the morning is some time of my own with God.  You know, it doesn't have to be some grand religious exercise to take the edge off. Just some quality time, that's all.  

I've been changing up my routine some.  I'm a night owl, not an early bird.  I work with scripture and message preparation and "church stuff" throughout the course of the day, every day.  But when I finally hit the sack, and open up my Bible for some "me and God time", it's not long before the sandman comes and knocks me out.  I need to get on track with God - early - before I get derailed with the business of the day.  How about you?  

Is that bacon I smell?    

P.S.  If you don't have a devotion that you typically do during your day, check out www.heartlight.org, they have some great stuff there to help you get your day going!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.