Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Lesson from What If?

Good morning from Florida's Space Coast!  I write this from my mother's kitchen table in Cocoa, Florida where I have been for the last couple of days.  I was in Ocala on Friday to meet with Ron Sylvia, lead pastor of the Springs (we'll be talking about that in the weeks to come), and I got to spend time with my coach Hal Mayer, and friend and fellow church planter Brian Burgi.  You should remember Brian, his wife Jennifer and their extremely cool small son Barrett from the time they spent at Crossroads while Brian was in Flight School.

It seemed good to come and see my mom and Uncle Gene while I was so close to Cocoa, and I just sort of showed up with no agenda or timetable. My mom is 84 and very young at heart.  We've done little but sit around and eat and talk and laugh and rest and it's been a perfect visit (except Leslie's not with me).  I ran 5 miles yesterday morning to keep my mojo intact, and I'll be home later this afternoon.

This past Sunday was one of the most wonderful experiences I've had since a bunch of starry-eyed believers started Crossroads more than 3-1/2 years ago.  We interrupted our series Game Plan for a special service called 'What If?'.  If you weren't there you can watch it in standard definition and beautiful black & white (in keeping with the minimalist theme) by clicking HERE.  This is what I'm taking away from Sunday:
  • God has invited Crossroads to play a significant role in what He is up to in the earth.
  • You are obviously up for what He is up to.  Well done.
That said, let's get together again this coming Sunday.  We'll do part 3 of our series Game Plan, I'll share with you some specifics about this past Sunday and I'll tell you why my confidence has never been higher going forward.  We have much to do.  Can't wait to gather together again.  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.