Friday, February 4, 2011

TODAY

I woke up this morning thinking about things that are RARE and PRECIOUS.  I was thinking about it in terms of the abundance of opportunities I have enjoyed from the time I was a kid, right up to this very moment.  How God has blessed me!  I was thinking about it in terms of relationships; caring and nuturing parents, a beautiful and godly wife, loving and tender-hearted children, mentors, friends, and those I've had the privilege of influencing.  How God has blessed me!  I was thinking about it in terms of my work experiences; somehow a door for advancement and promotion always open in every job.  How God has blessed me!  I was thinking about it in terms of my church experiences; without exception, a continual track of growth as I've been led in the paths of righteousness and truth.  How God has blessed me!  I was thinking about it in terms of Crossroads; not just a church, but a way of life literally bursting with meaning and purpose.  How God has blessed me!

As I pondered the sheer number of things - life opportunties, life relationships and life experiences - that each in itself could be looked at as something so RARE and so PRECIOUS that it may only come around a handful of times in an entire life...it occured to me:  the thing that is so rare and precious is TODAY! 

"So teach us to number our days, that we may get a heart of wisdom..."  (Psalm 90:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.