Monday, July 12, 2010

WEEKEND UPDATE (A Beautiful Day)

Wow.  Don't really know where to start.  Happy Monday everyone!  This is the place in my Blog where on Monday morning I write an update with some quick takes from Sunday morning's service at Crossroads.  But yesterday was pretty much indescribable.  That said, let me take a crack at it:
  • I am blown away by God's goodness.
  • One Roadie tweeted: "Wow.  Really intense moment at church this morning.  But I loved every second of it."  I completely agree.
  • Dozens of people got up out of their seats, walked down to the front of the auditorium, fell to their knees, made their own personal altar before God, and vowed to stop running and change the direction of their lives, exchanging their will for His.  Don't know what else to say about it.  It was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced at Crossroads to date.
  • I have had a "God-buzz" ever since the 9AM service yesterday.
  • All morning long today, I have felt the personal, invisible, tangible, indescribable presence of God.  I am overwhelmed by His love for people.  People like you.  People like me.  It's like He is...right here.  And He's not here with us just to be here.  He's here to heal broken hearts, broken lives, broken relationships, broken people.  And He sent Jesus to deliver our lives from destruction.
  • I want to feel this way forever.
  • We were slammed yesterday.  We had our biggest attendance in about 6 weeks, and it couldn't have happened at a better time. (Almost as if it were planned.  Hmmm.)
  • I didn't get to see a lot of people yesterday.  I look forward to next week to connect.
  • HUGE congrats and WELCOME to our NEWEST NEW ROADIES!
I'm heading to Haiti tonight.  I'll be back in town midnight on Thursday.  I'm going on business, but since all of our business is clearly God's business, I look forward to whatever He wants me to see and share and experience.  God bless you and keep you this week as you walk out the changes you allowed God to make in your heart yesterday.  Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.