Monday, July 19, 2010

WEEKEND UPDATE (061810)

Great service Sunday morning at Crossroads!  Here's a few quick hits:
  • First time attenders!!
  • Second time attenders!!
  • Third time attenders!!
  • People making life-changing decisions!!
  • These happen EVERY week and it's the reason we do this.  Thank you God!
  • I loved this series.  I was personally challenged by God every single week.  This was HUGE for all of us.  My prayer is that you came to a decision point in your own life, and that with God's help, you stay committed to the decision you made.
  • Many people over the past three weeks said, "God, I'm coming back to you.  I'm not running one more day!"
  • Many people on Sunday said, "God, I don't just want to surrender to Your will for ME.  I want to SURRENDER to Your will for the world!"
  • Sunday was the first time since our very first service at our house on February 3rd, 2008 that I tucked my shirt into my pants.  No particular reason.  Just did.
  • WOW-WOWIE-WOW!  With Elder pledges announced on Sunday, the total amount pledged so far for Phase One of the I Love My Church Building Drive is over $50,000!!!
  • Come on church, it's your turn.  For the next three weeks, you'll have an opportunity to submit YOUR pledge.  What an amazing opportunity to be an IMPORTANT PART of what God is doing in our community and in our world.  What a privilege to take a step in the direction of doing something meaningful and strategic with the resources God has blessed us with!  I can't WAIT until our College Cinema 2nd Anniversary Celebration to announce the total amount pledged!!
  • I'm considering tucking my shirt into my pants next week, too.
  • WORSHIP BAND ROCKED especially in the second service yesterday!  Great job by Nic and Janna at the end of the service, too!  Listen, if you're still reading this, then you will be among the very first to know that YOUR WORSHIP BAND is preparing something amazing JUST FOR YOU.  You're not going to believe your ears when you hear it.  What is it?  Can't tell you yet.  It's their surprise.  And it's coming very, very soon! 

Guys, just like you, I gotta get back to work.  It's Monday and I have more on my plate than I can handle right now.  Gotta get this workload pared down to size.  It's like my mother always says, "You eat an elephant one bite at a time".  Guess I'll take another bite.  Listen folks, help me out here.  Tomorrow morning, I'm heading down to Panama City to brief the ownership of the company I work for on my recent trip to Haiti.  They are interested in doing business down there.  I'm asking that you pray with me that if my company decides to pursue work in Haiti, we do so with corporate responsibility focused not only on profitability, but being a conduit for Christ in a very, very broken place.  Pray that the hearts of the ownership of my firm would be turned toward those who are poor and suffering.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.