Monday, November 2, 2009

WEEKEND UPDATE

Great weekend at Crossroads as we turn the corner headed for the holiday season. We saw out third-largest crowd Sunday morning with 279 people in attendance! Here's a few quick take-away's from the service:
  1. MANY rededicated their lives to Christ on Sunday and several made the decision to go public with their faith through baptism!!
  2. The new Children's Annex was a smash hit!! Wish we had done it months ago. Thanks to everyone who worked to make the new annex a success!
  3. Highway 68, Crossroads middle school ministry, kicked off Sunday in Cinema 3 with twenty-two middle schoolers!! Great job by Pastor H and all those who serve in middle school ministry!
  4. Absolutely AWESOME time of worship with Nic, Janna and the band yesterday!! Nic really connected with everyone in the building, the band sounded great, the new song was killer! Loved Nic's comment about the reason no one could clap in time with him, "Too many white people in here"! GREAT job by our worship band!!
  5. Leo Taarea is a movie star! Thanks for the great vid Leo! Thank you for being so honest about how you felt about tithing before you came to Crossroads.
  6. OH MY GOODNESS...I went reeeeeeeally long yesterday. Really long. So sorry. I hope no one got too antsy. I really believe that if a person can't say what they have to say in 36-42 minutes...they need to work harder and say LESS! My bad. I went 57 minutes. I apologize to all in children's ministry who had to tap dance while they waited for me to run out of wind! (BTW, don't tell my coach Hal Mayer how long I went, he'll make me run laps!)
  7. Thank you Dave and Mickey for allowing me to cheat you at cards!! Great segment! Tons of laughs and lots of fun for everybody!! The most confusing card game EVER. That's the way many of us were taught to give. Disparate rules, mixed in with some sleight-of-hand, some myth, some conjecture, and VOILA! No wonder so many people don't connect with what Jesus said about being "rich toward God".
  8. Even though I went long...I heard from many that they never heard much of what we shared in church before, "We give, because Jesus gave".
I could go on here, but I don't want this blog post to be as long as yesterday's message. Have a GREAT week!