Monday, March 7, 2011

WEEKEND UPDATE (030611)

Great weekend at Crossroads as we finished up our series God, Love & Sex!  Here's a few of the MANY things that stood out to me (very random and in no particular order):

  • Momentum continues to build as we had our biggest crowd so far in 2011!
  • GREAT JOB by everyone who made the Kid's Crossing launch a HUGE success!  Thank you Nic, Janna, Chris, Jessie, Will, Natalie, Rachel, Jeff, Mike Nelson and Keith Wirsing and Terry Brooks and Ali and Watson Glass and everyone I am forgetting to mention.  
  • Thank you to everyone who gave so generously to make the new building possible!
  • I hope I don't have to go to LOWES this week!
  • I LOVE the energy in our new building!  Home to our offices, Kid's Crossing and Crossroads Teens, our building gives us a permanent platform to do the things Jesus said to do and be a vital, contributing part of our community!
  • God, Love & Sex was a HUGE series for Crossroads.  We learned things we didn't know, we got practical application for our marriages and our lives, and I cannot count the number of husbands, wives and single young adults who told me personally how the series was life changing for them.
  • I love small groups!  Just sayin'.
  • I thought worship was great Sunday.  Really connected!
  • Great to see old Roadies Jesse and Serena Tait on Sunday with Ollie!  Woot!
  • I was worn out after two services Sunday morning and went home, sat down, and didn't move for several hours.  I can only imagine how our staff felt after pouring so much energy into their work over the past month!
  • So MANY new faces at Crossroads over the past five weeks!  I LOVE first-time attenders!  I love it even more when they stick!
  • Speaking Sunday about the traditions of an Old Testament Jewish wedding and how it mirrors what God did for us was MIND BLOWING!  I could see the connections being made as I looked at your faces on Sunday morning.  Was that not the coolest thing ever?  Do you now know, better than you ever knew before, why the holy covenant of marriage between and man and a woman is the perfect picture of the relationship between Christ and the church?  Wow!
  • Some of the scriptures shared on Sunday, in the context of the message we were sharing, absolutely gave me the chills, but more than that, they overwhelmed me with gratitude.  Statements like: "Only my Father knows", and "I must go and prepare a place for you", will never mean the same thing to me.  I'm walking away from this series with a much deeper appreciation for them.  I hope you are as well.
That's about it for me this morning.  Next week, we're kicking of a BRAND NEW ORIGINAL SERIES called "DEADWOOD".  It's a Western-themed study of John 15.  We're going to share a moment during this series that will absolutely CHANGE YOUR LIFE in a totally positive way.  Trust me, you do not want to miss this!

Have a GREAT week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.