Monday, January 10, 2011

WEEKEND UPDATE (010911)

Just for grins, today is 011011.  I kinda like that.  I'm looking forward to 111111, but I'll have to wait a bit.  Didn't have to wait to enjoy a great weekend at Crossroads, though.  What a wonderful day Sunday was!  I had an entire truckload of fun!  here's just a few of the things that stood out to me:
  • Sunday's crowd was great.  A lot of energy in the room!
  • MANY people made quality decisions about the direction of their lives!
  • Worship rocked!  Nic and the band were great.  I enjoyed worship so much from my spot at the back of the sanctuary. I was bouncing up and down, singing my lungs out, clapping my hands and having a great time celebrating how AWESOME God is!
  • Great to have Hollie up on stage as the service host!  A lot of energy there, too!
  • Had a lot of fun during Sunday's message about Sabbath.  Having the treadmill up on stage was a great illustration of what my life can look like if I'm not paying attention to God.  How 'bout you?
  • I love the idea that God rested to demonstrate what we should do.  Not because He was tired, or burned out from His work of creation, but because He knows that we are made from dust, and we need to rest from our toil.
  • He tells us to rest, like He rested, to remind us that though we are LIKE Him, we are NOT Him.
  • Sabbath isn't the same thing as a "day-off".
  • Sabbath is something more, something special, something sacred, something holy.
  • Other than intentionally dedicating your day to the Lord, and spending time in His presence, I don't know what your Sabbath should look like.  Each of us needs to figure that out for ourselves.  You (and probably the people closest to you) are the ones who know best what's crowding God out of your life.
  • Get off the treadmill.  Jesus lived, died, and rose again so our lives wouldn't just be about making BRICKS.
  • I said on Sunday, "Everyone should get a motorcycle".  That probably isn't a good idea for some people.
  • I also said that the Bible said we should ride motorcycles.  For those of you who didn't hear what happened next, James Jones piped up and said, "It's true, the Bible says the sound of David's Triumph went throughout the land!"  I don't know where that is in the Bible, but I like it.  I do know that (much to my dissapointment) there is no Scriptural mention of Harley-Davidson, but 1 Chronicles 11 says, "The Lord saved them by giving them a great Victory!"  Those are nice bikes, too.
But I digress.  Great day Sunday FULL of victory for all of us!  I especially want to thank everyone working with children from Nursery to Kindergarten, as they have done a fantastic job dealing with the on-going construction in our Children's Center.  This is going to be a WONDERFUL facility when it is complete, but it's still a few weeks away from being there.

Having said that, to go to two services now as we had originally planned, would put a HUGE burden on our children's ministry volunteers, and add insult to the injury of making them do church in a construction zone.  The facilities are not ready yet. 

So here's what we're going to do:  WE'RE GOING TO WAIT TO GO TO TWO SERVICES UNTIL THE FIRST SUNDAY OF FEBRUARY (FEBRUARY 6TH).  It's going to be a great day to re-start two services as our new Children's Center will be complete, our offices will be finished, we'll be starting a brand-new relationship series (that includes the word 'sex' in the title), everyone will be over the holiday funk, and we'll be RE-LAUNCHING Crossroads into 2011 and beyond!  Let everyone in your circle of influence know.

Have a GREAT week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.