Saturday, August 21, 2010

Blog Slacker

Yup, that's me: Blog Slacker.  I have done a horrible job over the last couple of weeks getting new posts to this blog out.  Just like it is for you, my time is at an aboslute premium.  Work responsibilities, business travel, church-related meeting and preparations have eaten up a great deal of time lately and I've slacked on the blog front.  Blah, blah, blah.  I know, sounds like excuses.  Just make it happen.  I hear you.

Okay, confession and repentance over.  I'll do better.  Here's a quick update as we turn the corner into Sunday at Crossroads:
  • I turned 50 today!  Holy cow!  It's just not right that someone my age should look this good, huh?
  • ROADIES 101 on Sunday morning at 9:00AM in Cinema Three!
  • Got to tour the new high school in Enterprise today with Caitlin and Sam and Leslie.  It is AWESOME!  So excited for school to start again, I know the kids can't wait either.  We are truly fortunate in Enterprise to have such a great facility for our high school kids!  Can't wait for the first home football game.  Go 'Cats!
  • Spent a lot of time here this week: www.persecution.com
  • TOTALLY STOKED for tomorrow's service.  Part Two of our current series OUTTATIME will focus on Signs of the Times.  Here's Your Sign: Read your Bible and don't panic!
  • Wanted to jump out of an airplane today to celebrate my birthday, but I still have another 12 pounds to lose before they'll strap my big fat white butt to someone else and throw me out the door of the plane.  I'm okay with that. 
  • I'm working my own health-care plan.  The weight is coming off slowly, but very steadily.  Excited to be eating healthy and making better choices.  My goal is to lose 50 pounds by our 30th anniversary.  38 more to go!  
Here's some of the signs of the times Jesus talked about, that we'll be talking about tomorrow:  Spiritual Deception, Political Unrest, Natural Disasters and Religious Persecution along with a discussion about what you and I should do about all those things.  Gonna be a good one.  Invite a friend.  See you there!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them on point. Offensive comments, or those with a bent towards personal attack will not be published, and the commentator will be flogged.